Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • FS: Rolex 5508 No Crown Guard Tropical Dial
    • (Login xela1979)
      Posted Apr 1, 2012 1:55 AM

Looking to sell a nice and rare tropical 5508.

The 5508 is one of the last of the thin case James Bond Submariners, and as far as I know was the last Submariner rated to only 100 meters. The 5508 was a transitional model, using the same case as the 6536 but the later cal 1530 movement 

Serial is 400XXX and engraving is clear in between lugs. 

Dial has turned to a nice brown colour, perfect gilt printing whilst the depth rating is in silver. 100% original and not relumed/redone. I have placed a 5513 Sub (not included in sale) beside the 5508 to show the colour contrast of the dials.

Insert is a matching brown colour fat font insert. 

The case is strong and lightly polished from what i can see. No pitting on case and when caseback is opened.

It comes with a Rolex Service Center paper, showing its serial number (this shows its authenticity) and is mounted on a nice matching brown leather strap,which complement its "chocolate" look. The strap comes with a SS Rolex buckle.

Price: USD 12.2 K shipped insured worldwide

Return: within 2 days if not original Rolex, less shipping.

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)

Notice: This is a moderated forum. Your post will not show up until a moderator approves the message. If you regularly have full posting privileges, you may have to login first.