Return to Index  

More Jarrett info... from GBN site.

March 30 2007 at 3:33 PM
Beltrand  (Login Beltrand)
NFCNORTH

Dwayne Jarrett's rather pedestrian 40 times (4.64, 4.65) at his Pro Day workout yesterday have some people putting a second-round grade on the USC wideout. Those times were much slower than the 4.4 that fellow WR Steve Smith turned in at the Combine and slower even than LB Dallas Sartz's 4.58 and DL Travis Tofi's 4.57 yesterday. Jarrett's pass-catching workout wasn't smooth, either. His cuts weren't nearly as sharp as Smith at least one scout said Jarrett looked stiff. So Jarrett's final draft grade is going to be hard to slot. His production and numbers are impressive and he certainly is a great target but those speed numbers and less-than-impressive workout after foregoing the Combine is sure to raise red flags.

Comments: Call me off the Jarrett bandwagon, even if he is available at our #2. Yes, I know how productive he was in college, but I also saw Houston (Arkansas DB) shut him down with ease. I know that CC was slow and is a HOFer, but he could read defenses and get in & out of his cuts. I just don't see how Jarrett is going to do that at the next level, and I'm not convinced that he has CC's work ethic & moxie.

Respond to this message   
Responses

Find more forums on NFLCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement