Return to Index  

An even closer look on top of your inputs...

May 14 2007 at 4:51 PM
Beltrand  (Login Beltrand)
NFCNORTH

Response to Taking It A Step Further..

(1) Your right, that's a lot of busts (the non-HOF type), but I don't think that any of them were busts because of injury (hmm...).

(2) They were busts for other reasons like... didn't have the right attitude and/or short on pro-level ability in areas like speed, vision, and/or ability to cut in the hole.

(3) Which brings us to AD having the whole package, but injuries. Item #1 says injuries don't really matter, and I'll enter my 2 cents in on Charles Rodgers of Detroit fame... he isn't playing because he doesn't have the right attitude, not because he broke his collar bone a couple times (look at Gore & Maghee). So, at a minimum, AD will be very good.

However, I'd say that he has a great chance at being in Canton. I'm convinced that he is as "complete" a back as any of those on that list. Who is faster, who has a better size/speed ratio, who has better vision, who can cut in the hole and accerate better, who has better power to break takles... it's difficult to judge the catching and blocking, but he sure looks the part in those.

The point being, that a person "might" be able say one of those other backs is faster, another has better vision, another has more shake, another has more... but AD has all those things in one package. I just can't wait to see the kid run in purple! Bring him along easy the first year, teach him when to run out of bounds, how to pick up the blitz... all the little things he needs to learn. Then watch him break Robert Smith's record in 5 years.

Respond to this message   
Responses

Find more forums on NFLCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2018 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement