<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

One more more incredible comment from Childress.

March 29 2007 at 7:12 AM

Wembley Awesome™  (Login Wembley_Awesome)
NFCNORTH

This message has been edited by Wembley_Awesome on Mar 30, 2007 6:19 AM

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
LAVike
(Login LAVike)
NFCNORTH

What you said

March 29 2007, 1:18 PM 

"Childress is forgetting that there is also a huge buy in factor for a new head coach. And unlike Phat Pat, Childress did NOT silence his own critics in 2006."

Amen.

Respond to this message   

Wembley Awesome™
(Login Wembley_Awesome)
NFCNORTH

OK, I dislike Childress already. Who woulda thunk it?

March 30 2007, 6:28 AM 

I edited my original post to clarify the point I wanted to make about Pat Williams. Without the big fella, our 2005 defense would have been flat out horrible instead of one dimensional.

I tend to give new head coaches a very long rope. That's why I remained bemused over the outright hostility towards Dennis Green from the day he stepped off the plane. And for the record, Zyg Wilf fired Mike Tice prematurely. I was a big Tice critic, yet in the end I came around to liking the guy, botched play calling and blathering and all that.

One thing about Pat Williams is that he really does have an attitude problem. Scrutinize his words and you will see that he has a HUGE chip on his shoulder. Another thing about Pat is that he can back up everything he says and is used to having to prove himself. IIRC, he entered the league as a college free agent and it took 10 years before the league recognized with a Probowl berth.

Even so, it hardly takes a good coach to recognize when someone is constructively channeling his attitude and when someone is just being a prima donna. For example, there is no comparison between Phat Pat and Terrell Owens. Both have a bit of an attitude (major understatement in Owens's case). But who would you rather have on your team? Which one would you make an example out of?

PEACE

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on NFLCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement