must be something in the air today (longer post)May 3 2011 at 8:46 PM
|Gi8 (no login)|
maybe it's because mother's day is around the corner, and my anniversary soon after - oh, the irony!
Cee, I could hardly believe your post because I was feeling the same way all day. BFN Friday. AF came Sunday. Went in this morning for my CD3 us/bw with renewed hope and there was a 32mm follicle (?) on my left ovary. Another huge follicle or something so early. ugh.
I left the US room to head into get my bw done. Sat down, and the woman drawing blood asked a simple "How are you?" I said "ok" and then the tears just started to roll down my face as I squeezed the little stress pillow they give you to hold. She was really so lovely with me, I must say. She said "I'M starting to cry" and gave me a tissue, which surprised me since I'd imagine a lot of emotionally overloaded people might be crossing her path each day. I appreciated her compassion.
When the nurse called me later today to give me the results, she told me that it looked like I was in the process of ovulating (FSH 4, but with Est 500+, LH 7) and that the doctor wanted me to take birth control pills to totally suppress me and then to start over the next cycle. I asked her if "the doctor" was doctor check and she said no. I asked her to please ask Dr. Check to look at my charts and tell me what to do (BTW, for anyone working with Cooper, you're supposed to write "Dr. Check" on the callback sheet if you want for him specifically to make the call on how to proceed and not just the doctor on call. Did not know this until today). She was very kind as well and agreed to talk with him and get back to me.
Nurse called back to say Check wants me to take an HCG shot TONIGHT and cover with BD the next few days, return on Thursday for release us/bw. WHAT?! deep breaths. called about 20 different pharmacies tonight to find HCG shot; was either on back order or not available at any of them. so just came home and honestly the LAST thing I felt like doing was BDing. but that's what we did - sans HCG shot. i actually feel like I'm o'ing so hoping it doesn't matter. the other info the nurse shared is that he wants me to do something with lupron sometime after I've ovulated, so I'm going to look that up tomorrow once I've recovered from the emotional rollercoaster of this day.
I just want to say again how grateful I am to be able to come here to this forum to share this experience and get wonderful advice and support from women who really REALLY get it. such a blessing.
praying for strength and hope and patience and gentleness for all of us on this journey.
- I know how you feel - Phoebe10 on May 4, 4:27 AM
- Thanks, Phoebe10, snuggling with DH makes me happy too :) nt - Gi8 on May 6, 5:35 PM
- Gi8! - Cee on May 4, 6:10 AM
- Cee! - Gi8 on May 6, 5:49 PM
- glad you BDed! (PG ment) - Mrs. A on May 4, 6:40 AM
- Thanks, Mrs. A. - Gi8 on May 6, 6:10 PM
- Lupron - Cee on May 4, 6:57 AM
- Lupron in LP to suppress FSH for next cycle - Gi8 on May 6, 6:17 PM
- This happened to me (m/c, preg. ment.) - Bethpky on May 4, 7:28 AM
- Thanks, Bethpky, for sharing your story, sounds like what I'm doing except - Gi8 on May 6, 7:20 PM
- Good luck and keep BD'ing!!!!! nt. - BabyDance on May 4, 11:50 AM
- Thx, BabyDance!! nt - Gi8 on May 6, 7:21 PM
- ((hugs)) - Rebekah on May 4, 2:53 PM
- Thanks, Rebekah/Bestbehavior :) I have no idea where to... - Gi8 on May 6, 7:27 PM