Return to Index  

I love acu but it did NOTHING for my IF

May 22 2011 at 10:04 AM
Mrs. A  (no login)

Response to accupuncture?

I was into accu long before I knew about it for IF. I was doing it for my back. That, and cupping. Loved it. and it helped my back.

I then started it for IF and did it for at least a year or more (can't remember exact now) and it did NOTHING for me other than relax me, (not terrible but not the intended results). I first did accu to TTC on my own and then did as part of my very first 2 IVF cycles (which ended up being cancelled due to poor response). In the end, accu was getting in the way of my life and DH was getting super annoyed with the impact to our schedule. TTC and IF creates a whole different set of tensions and the frequency of accu appts was eating into time we could be using to connect with each other. That, plus the costs, plus the lack of results for IF, made it a no brainer to stop going.

If you're ok with spending the time and money and actually enjoy it, then I say go. Otherwise, I'd skip it.

Personally, I'd spend the money on a weekly massage. For me, that does wonders. I don't go to the spa; I have this really great massage therapist I use and her fee is very reasonable and she does a fantastic job.

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Re: I love acu but it did NOTHING for my IF - Lauren on May 22, 2011, 10:39 AM
    1. Re: I love acu but it did NOTHING for my IF - Lauren on May 22, 2011, 10:41 AM
      1. Re: I love acu but it did NOTHING for my IF - bigboy on May 22, 2011, 10:56 AM

Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement