Return to Index  

Well this is just sh*t!!

May 31 2011 at 5:19 PM
Katie  (Login KatieMay)

Response to Beta In - BFN confirmed

Oh you bet I've been angry. I can't tell you the number of times in this process that I have been absolutely furious. Strangely, I think that might be part of what keeps me fighting. I'm so so sorry Sara. But I can hear that you've got a lot of fight left in you happy.gif
CCRM is considered the best because they leave no stone unturned and their practice is based on the most cutting edge technique.
There is a rather famous RE who is outside of the country who happens to sort of be a family friend who I have been consulting with in a very unofficial way. Just sending records and daily reports and getting his feedback on my progress. With that cryptic preamble, let me tell you what he says. He says that sperm DNA frag tests are a standard part of treatment in the rest of the world. He says that all top clinics use some type of sperm DNA sorting technique (like PICSI) to weed out the chromosomally abnormal sperm. He says that FSH testing is obsolete. He says it is pretty much a given to bring all embryos to day 5 blast before ET or freezing.
Now, without giving away too much about this man, let me just say that he is a genius in the RE world. And what is interesting is that CCRM applies most of these techniques as standard protocol and they are considered one of the best in the country.
My guess is that there are MANY more techniques that most of our docs are missing. The US tend to be so very behind the times in terms of clinical practice.
I think that if you wanted to do natural cycle, then go with Check. But I think you have shown that you respond well to IVF. So I think you've got to head to a place that is the best at IVF. I think you should try to see if you can send over your records to CCRM and do a consult with them. See if they would be willing to make some recommendations.
Have you done the Sperm DNA frag test? For me, checking that, the immune issues in the uterine environment, and possibly later doing chromosomal screening would be the most obvious things.
I'm sure you have been screened for fragile x and whatnot.
Hang in there Sara. And keep posting to tell us what is happening.

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. CCRM - Sara Q on May 31, 2011, 9:06 PM
    1. Houston IVF vs. CCRM (all ment.) - Jamie on May 31, 2011, 9:38 PM
    2. Re: CCRM - Katie on Jun 1, 2011, 7:46 AM

Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement