Return to Index  

Re: CCRM

June 1 2011 at 7:46 AM
Katie  (Login KatieMay)

Response to CCRM

If this cycle results in a BFN, I am seriously considering heading out of the country to be treated by this RE.

Gosh, it's a tough call about Houston vs. Colorado. I think part of the draw of Colorado is the world renowned lab conditions. Since you might be doing FET to try to address any possible uterine issues, how about taking a look at their rates on successful frozen transfer. My clinic's stats actually suck. It's like 10% success rate for FET, regardless of age. And also, the stats suggest that they really don't freeze very much...which suggests to me the lab is not very good. But we love our doc and we're in with him until this cycle is over. I've heard that frozen transfers should have a success rate no less than 15% under fresh.

So take a look at the frozen stats and use that to help guide you. Also, remember...sometimes affiliated centers "borrow" stats. We have a place here in LA that has fantastic stats and they have a branch further south that also has great stats. Well, because the same doc consults with both clinics, they share stats (or at least it appears this way.)

Another thing to do would be to get a telephone consult with CCRM and ask them what benefits there are about going with them. Ask them what they think your chances are.

But of course, your comfort is also important...and being with a best friend, vs. a hotel... well that is important too.

Let us know how it goes today.
oh and BTW...loved the poem. totally brought tears to my eyes. particularly the part about having to be angry not to feel defeated.

Hugs today.

Respond to this message   
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement