Return to Index  

I agree, shut it down when you can't do it....

June 13 2011 at 7:50 AM
Sara H.  (no login)

Response to Facebook blues.....(preg ment)

... but I would add that, if possible, don't allow yourself to be saddened by their joy.

You must protect yourself on your down days, I totally agree. Don't go on Facebook when you are having a down day, absolutely.

But if I may add this prospective?

Personally, the only person I blocked was a friend who HATED being pregnant and whined about it constantly! All the time. Drove me NUTS and I was getting madder and madder ever time I'd read a post. So, I blocked her. But the others, the ones who are so excited, I am excited for, too! At least they are appreciative of what a wonder it is!

I also know that if I had never had trouble TTC, if we had gotten pregnant on the first shot, I would have posted like crazy about it! And, if we ever do now, I will appreciate the miracles it is and post about it, too!

I think if we do not let ourselves be joyful about what gives us joy we are not being ourselves at all.

I sometimes post about my dogs because they are part of my life. I have friends who's dogs have died. I am not insensitive to that, but life goes on. I post about my mother who I adore, though my friend has lost her mother, because I appreciate all the more that I have mine still. To edit out what might be taken the wrong way or possibly cause others pain in bringing back memories would be to edit out half of my life... and then I am not me. Plus, maybe those posts actually bring people happiness by bringing back good memories or hopeful thoughts.

I wonder if there is someone you can talk to about this, just to help you with your sister? This must be such an exciting time for her, I bet she wants you to be a part of that! Maybe not every day but most days?

Good luck, turn off Facebook when you need to and hang in there!
((((HUGE HUGS)))) to you!
Sara H.

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. I think you took what I said a little too far (child ment) - Grad on Jun 13, 2011, 10:21 AM
    1. Sorry, Grad - Sara H on Jun 13, 2011, 11:30 AM
      1. Gotcha Sara, thank you! (nt) - Grad on Jun 13, 2011, 12:15 PM

Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement