Return to Index  

Hope (child ment)

June 20 2011 at 5:46 AM
Rebekah  (Login Bestbehavior)

Response to Is there any hope?

I am other poster's success (I think). I was diagnosed with high fsh at age 30 (had DD with RE #2 at age 32. FFwd to 35 (current age) and I too stopped having cycles. I went 9mos with out natural AF or O (that I know of). I honestly felt like I was in a vicious cycle loop. I am currently on RE#3 (Check at Cooper) and I read Dr. Lee's book mentioned below. I bought natural progesterone at Whole Foods and followed Lee's suggestion of re-creating my cycle with 2 weeks on/ 2 weeks off progesterone. My cycle came back (on it's own) after 2 rounds and that very next cycle I went on to have a 21mm follicle grow by CD18!

IMO when you go to see an RE, they evaluate your situation with a single snapshot. But you have the unique opportunity to live in your body so you need to take notes along the way. I do not think at age 35 you are in menopause. Peri - maybe - this can last many many years. But if you don't produce at egg every month, you won't release progesterone - very important in the "loop" of the cycle. I have read that progesterone is the first hormone to deplete - so do you need HRT (including estrogen)? Not sure. Will you be able to have 12 cycles a year again? Not likely but you can cycle a few times for sure!!

Update for me - that cycle with one egg did not result in conception and the following cycle my body did not produce an egg and was in shut down mode again. So I figure I can't cycle back to back either. Which was actually true w/ RE#2 when I was successful. So at CD14 I started the progesterone cream - and I am in the middle of that luteal phase. I am going for a mayan fertility message and hoping AF will come on her own when I stop the progesterone. I may take the next cycle "off" as well. It seemed I needed two cycles of down time before I produced that follicle. So perhaps I will get AF 4x a year instead of 12x. Again, I'll know more information after this cycle ends. Hope this makes sense!

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Question for you - KarenGH on Jun 20, 2011, 6:12 AM
    1. hope this helps - Rebekah on Jun 20, 2011, 7:33 AM
      1. Thanks so much! - KarenGH on Jun 20, 2011, 8:33 AM
        1. interesting - Rebekah on Jun 20, 2011, 12:32 PM
          1. No particular site. - KarenGH on Jun 21, 2011, 9:13 AM

Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement