giving OE a chance, IVF (pg/mc/DE ment)July 1 2011 at 12:24 PM
|Anonymous (no login)|
Response to Thanks for your input (DE ment)
Dr Check didn't think I needed IVF but I wanted to, I didn't know if the egg was even going into a Fallopian tube and meeting the sperm and what was happening. We have male factor (low volume mostly) and I didn't want to waste time anyway. Check didn't argue with me, said it was my decision and I did IVF immediately (2 weeks after I met him for the first time, I was at retrieval, now that's fast!) Since my FSH was high -25- I was only getting one egg at a time, low to no stims. The first IVF was a bust (two eggs, one embryo, multinucleated and transfer canceled). Not deterred, I immediately repeated the process and the next month's IVF I transferred 1 embryo, BFP, but m/c at 8 weeks, had D&C to collect the fetal tissue and test. Testing showed the baby girl was very chromosomally abnormal, had 48 chromosomes instead of 46. That report was IT for me, I realized more than anything I wanted a super healthy child, not a living child with devastating chromosomal problems thanks to me.
Yeah it was a sad time, but in retrospect thankfully it was also a very fast and short time with very valuable information for me, just over 3 months from start to finish with OE, and very grateful to Cooper for letting me do the IVFs for the closure I needed. I had met Dr Check in late January, first retrieval by Valentines Day, second retrieval by St Patricks Day, pg and D&C by May, donor search after that.