Return to Index  

The Problem is...

August 8 2011 at 10:01 PM
DeeinNYC  (no login)

Response to Re: I think I diagnosed myself

that very few doctors have any experience at all with immune issues as they affect TTC. Many others feel that treating immune issues is junk science and refuse to treat it. Im not sure that the issue is taking blood-work to determine if one has DOR..I think the issue is taking blood-work to determine if you have an autoimmune issue. I just took a look at the sections in the Beers book on ANAs and bottom line...you need treatment. I have personally had the NK Assay done and have high normal elevated levels that I plan to treat with my next cycle by doing an immune protocol as part of my IVF. From what I can tell..and the Beers book is a difficult one ..you need to at the very least get a full thyroid panel done and Natural Killer cell testing done as Beers states:

ANAs are often associated with hyperactivated NK cells, which can cause an immediate inflammatory response against the embryo, thereby increasing the likelihood of implantation failure or early loss.

He also states

It is now believed that many cases of premature ovarian failure are caused by an autoimmune disease that depletes the ovarian follicles and attacks the eggs, inflicting DNA damage.

You might want to also have a full thrombophilia panel done for clotting disorders to cover your bases.

Respond to this message   
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement