Update on my friend - not good (m/c ment.)October 9 2011 at 10:10 AM
|Bethpky (no login)|
My friend who had staggered cycle IVF and CGH testing with Dr. Ahlering lost the pregnancy. I'm absolutely devastated for her! Don't know all the details yet since we've only been texting...I told her to call when she feels like talking.
She and her DH had an ultrasound with Dr. A. on Thursday which would've been 5 weeks, 5 days. There were two sacs (they transferred two CGH normal embryos), but at least one was empty, and Dr. A. kept mentioning seeing something outside the uterus. She said the doctor suspected a heterotopic pregnancy and sent her for further b/w. Evidently, the bloodwork showed that the HCG levels were decreasing.
I was shocked that this would happen with normal embryos, but then I read on the SIRM message board that Dr. T. has seen this before and suspects that age has a bearing on embryo quality independent of chromosomal normality.
I've been in tears several times. This is the cruelest fate for my friend.
- Bummer :( - nadia80 on Oct 9, 2011, 10:13 AM
- I am sorry - Tanya on Oct 9, 2011, 3:33 PM
- Re: Update on my friend - not good (m/c ment.) - bigboy on Oct 9, 2011, 4:28 PM
- This whole process is so unfair..... - Tracy on Oct 9, 2011, 5:01 PM
- So sorry - DeeinNYC on Oct 9, 2011, 7:58 PM
- I think they quote 65% success for CGH normals - Alli on Oct 10, 2011, 7:46 AM
- I'm sad for her. There is a lot of experience losing "normals" on the DE board - Anonymous on Oct 10, 2011, 8:14 AM
- Truly heartbreaking - AJ on Oct 10, 2011, 1:37 PM
- I don't trust CGH for this reason, I hope this message helps - Anonymous on Oct 12, 2011, 3:13 PM
- I did not mean this message to be discouraging - Anonymous on Oct 15, 2011, 1:25 PM