Return to Index  

my history (child, DE, m/c ment)

October 13 2011 at 9:28 PM
mel  (Login melwr)

Response to my 2 Cents

Thanks for sharing your experience with DHEA, Anna.

To answer some of your questions:

I am 36 (will be 37 three months)

I have been TTC #2 for several months. I have a daughter who is almost three. I was diagnosed with high FSH and secondary infertility in February. I hadn't had a period in 5-6 months and my FSH was 63. My RE gave me BCP and said DE was my only option and that I would have a less than 5% chance of conceiving on my own. I didn't take the BCP's. I decided to try the natural route for awhile, so I started acupuncture. Within 5 weeks of acupuncture, my cycle returned. I have been going to acupuncture, doing herbs and supplements and have had no monitoring, with the exception of this last cycle on CD5.

In June, I had a m/c at 5+ weeks. And in July, my FSH was at 4.6, e2 at 44. I don't ovulate every month, so I know my hormones still aren't completely in balance.

I don't have IF insurance. I went back to the RE (first time back since my diagnosis in February) to see if he would be willing to pursue other options with me since my FSH did go down and was able to conceive naturally. He said I should try the DHEA for three months to improve egg quality and then in three months we would talk about the possibility of injections and IUI. I asked about Clomid to help with ovulation, but he didn't think it was necessary for me.

So, for the next three months, I'll do what I've been doing with acu, herbs and supplements and add in the DHEA.

Thanks for your response!

Respond to this message   
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement