from what I am reading my guess would be:
She might have had a mamo at her last place and so they did not think they needed another? Dr. Check wants us all to have HCG, which I did before I started with him so did not need to repeat.
Also, if they found this while she was doing her stimming then another week or so to wait and get her eggs is a gamble I would take. I don't think the extra meds for a week will add that much damage, depending on the size of the tumor in her breast.
And, if they know that she'll need radiation it might well damage her ovaries further and make her own eggs totally unusable.
With the tiny bit we 'know' from the press I might well do the same thing.
Interesting to follow.
As for people being jerky...
Every situation is different, every story intense becasue it's happening to you, personally. We should all be positive for each other and support each other. If you can't then skip a post or say nothing. Easy.
Hugs to all!