Return to Index  

Congrats on your LO

December 16 2011 at 8:09 AM
AJ  (no login)

Response to Re: your story

Boy or girl? You went to Conceptions, right? I saw Dr. Albrecht there when I was TTC #!. They are big believers in DHEA. I too had a natural surprise after my 2nd failed IVF there. I took a big dose of DHEA- 150mg but like you I was also doing acu, taking other supplements and I cut alcohol for 3 months in prep for the IVF cycle. So you're right, it's hard to know if any of those things helped or if it was just luck. I tried taking DHEA again now that I'm TTC #2 and had a horrible response to it- hair loss, acne on my neck, shoulders and back so I stopped taking it.

Dr. Albrecht actually has his own practice now and he's doing a hysteroscopy on me in a couple of weeks to remove some fibroids and polyps from my uterine wall. He's performed a couple other surgeries on me and I totally trust his surgical skills. After that I'll continue doing natural monitored cycles long distance with Dr. Check. Are you a CO girl?

Stories like ours and Mrs. A's just go to show people that just because you have high FSH it doesn't mean you can't get pg naturally with your own eggs. It just takes good timing and a little bit of luck to get the right egg;)

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. I wish we could edit our posts!! - AJ on Dec 16, 8:35 AM
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement