Return to Index  

For me... (pg mentioned)

January 4 2012 at 8:28 AM
Sara H  (no login)

Response to What keeps you feeling positive & optimistic with another BFN? (pg, m/c ment)

One of the big things was having other fall-back plans.

We know we wanted to be parents, so we had other paths for getting there.

I did research on adoption and was getting our house in order if we started on that path as far as being ready for a home study.
We were on an "embryo adoption" list at our clinic and were ready to try that.
We had looked into foreign adoption as well..

So, knowing that we had these other options took so much pressure off us! It was like bring on a iffy bridge and having two other bridges next to you that you could step over to at any time! Or, liking being on a boat with extra lifeboats ready to go at a moments notice!

For us it took a lot of pressure of each BFN, and we had over 36 of them!

Each one still sucked, each one still hurt. But, they were better! happy.gif

And, I was just like you. After I was with the right Dr. and they got my FSH down I had good cycle after good cycle with no success. IF that happens ask if you can do low stims or do something to change the pattern. Might help.

Also, and this is going to sound harsh but true: I give daily to an online site for breast cancer where you click every day to give.(My grandmother is a 50 year survivor!) Every day there is a short story about someone with cancer and how they stay positive. And every day I read those, some by young moms with cancer and I think: "My situation stinks, but at least I don't have cancer and have to make the choices they do! If they can stay positive so can I! I am not fighting for my life! I have options and other ways to be a mom!"

I did eventually find success, very recently. I honestly believe a positive attitude helped so much!

Good luck!
Sara H

Respond to this message   
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement