Return to Index  

I think post-ov ultrasounds are rare

January 20 2012 at 6:28 PM
minka  (no login)

Response to Could Someone Help me Translate my Ultrasound?

Your new RE may have just wanted to check and see where things are at, but in my experience, the only time I ever had a post-ov ultrasound was when I wasn't sure whether I had ovulated... apparently they could see fluid behind my ovaries (I think they said this looks black on the ultrasound) and I think they saw that some of the (immature?) follicles had started shrinking or regressing so that would indicate ovulation took place. Have you had ultrasounds during the beginning of your cycle in the past (usually CD3, then a few days later to see how things are progressing)? Usually a series of ultrasounds during the follicular phase in a single cycle will tell you more than a post-ov ultrasound. This is just based on my experience and understanding of the process, but others might have different opinions/info. Good luck as you prepare for your first IVF cycle!

Also, ditto on the raspberry leaf tea for your lining. You are supposed to drink it (1-3 cups a day) up until ovulation or trigger, then you can resume again on CD1. I think the reason for stopping at ov is because it can trigger uterine contractions which you obviously don't want if you are trying to help implantation. You can buy this tea at Whole Foods or on Amazon, or your grocery store might have it in the natural foods section. Look for the brands Yogi, Traditional Medicinals or Alvita. I personally don't care for the "earthy" taste so I usually put a peppermint tea bag in there to make it more palatable, ha!

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Re: I think post-ov ultrasounds are rare - Holly on Jan 20, 6:40 PM
    1. Your numbers look great! - minka on Jan 21, 6:42 AM

Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement