Return to Index  

an RE clinic is a business

January 22 2012 at 5:38 PM
Laura  (no login)

Response to Thoughts on my latest RE consultation

as our conditions are not life-threatening, and usually not covered by insurance, here's what goes on with RE's clinics: the higher their success rates, the more clients they get through the door, and the more they can charge for their services. Women with DOR tend to respond less to stims and have worse success rates bc of the fewer follies in play. These women will be bad for success rates, thus bad for business, so some clinics either boot them or just tell them that "it's not worth it" to try with OE and only DE will get you pg.

But, I think everyone here would say "YES IT IS WORTH IT!!!" So, find a Dr who agrees with you. My RE did not blink twice at my most recent FSH of 22. He did not give me the DE speech. Heck, he didn't even give me the IVF speech. He said, "let's see what we can do about this before we even start talking about IVF." So, find a Dr who HAS A PLAN for getting your hormones back on track first.

I think the majority of us here have been told or found that FSH has nothing to do with egg quality, or live birth rate. It is an indicator of how hard your brain has to work to get your ovaries to respond to recruit follicles. If you have fewer follicles, your brain will have to work harder, thus giving you higher FSH. What was your e2 (estradiol)? Your RE really should be doing an AFC every month, because that is the best indicator of how well you will respond to stims.

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Re: an RE clinic is a business - BrewersFan on Jan 22, 2012, 6:05 PM
    1. yes, FSH can be lowered. - Laura on Jan 22, 2012, 6:27 PM
    2. wheatgrass juice - Jamie on Jan 22, 2012, 7:01 PM

Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement