Return to Index  

your RE doesn't know what he is talking about (pg. ment.)

January 22 2012 at 6:59 PM
Jamie  (no login)

Response to Thoughts on my latest RE consultation

FSH is NOT an indication of egg quality. There are many, many studies showing that FSH does not reflect egg quality. It may reflect your ability to respond to the stimulation drugs for IVF, but I have an FSH identical to yours and I didn't have any problems when the right protocol was used.

AMH is an indication of the quantity of eggs but not the quality. AMH can be related to IVF outcome but only because you probably won't produce as many eggs. However, at age 36 your egg quality should still be quite good.

If I were you I absolutely would not deal with this person any longer. I had a very similar consult at age 36.5. It ended up costing me two years of time. When I finally found an RE with a clue, I was 39. On my first IVF with him I became pregnant and had my daughter, but now I'm 40 and racing against the clock to have another one. At your age you would have a good chance if you can get to the right RE.

Where are you located? If you post that someone will probably suggest an RE who would be more optimistic for you.

Glad you are here! I was you fours years ago . . . and I am here to tell you that often on this board there are happy endings. happy.gif

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Re: your RE doesn't know what he is talking about (pg. ment.) - Anonymous on Jan 22, 2012, 8:00 PM
Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement