Return to Index  

that's exactly what you should do

January 22 2012 at 8:50 PM
Mrs. A  (Login 39andTTC)

Response to "navigating cooper"

as you said, focus on the successes and not the pet peeves.  Don't let the negativity get inside your head.  I know I was a freaked mess when I first started with Cooper and had all this anticipation for the worst and honestly, it could not have gone any smoother.  I know that some ladies have had some challenges but don't go into this thinking that that's what your experience will be like.

• Be sure to call in your request for a callback by the deadline.  You can also fax in the request.  If you fax in the request, and you have a very specific question, write it down in large letters.  You may or may not get the answer in the callback, but you have a better chance at it, if you write it.
  • Keep your cell phone attached to you.  It's always easier to receive the callback from the get go than to have it go to voicemail and start a chasing game.
  • Be prepared with your questions BEFORE they call.  Yes, you are important and yes you are entitled to ask whatever questions you want on the fly, but try to be prepared ahead of time because the reality is that the nurses are making callbacks to a bunch of ladies.  And in between that they're coordinating results from OOT labs and clinics.
  • I scheduled my callbacks with Dr. C.heck when I started my cycle and I scheduled it so that the callback would coincide with the end of the cycle so that I could review the cycle results and come up with a plan for the next cycle (assuming BFN).  If you wait until the last minute this may not be possible.
  • something very important...the fax in numbers for the regular nurses is DIFFERENT than the fax in number for IVF nurses.  So if you switch from TI to IVF or vice versa, make sure that your clinic uses the correct fax number!!
  • Find out ahead of time what your clinic (or lab) requires in terms of orders for b/w and u/s.  Do they need a new order EVERY visit?  If so, can you give it to them directly or must it come from Cooper?  Can they just use a "standing order" that is issued once and covers you for the whole cycle?
  • Lastly, my personal experience is that the nurses are different people on the phone than they are in person.  In person it's one on one attention and care.  On the phone, it's down to business.  Don't take offense to it.

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Re: that's exactly what you should do - teresa on Jan 24, 2012, 6:59 AM
Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement