Return to Index  

Re: 6DPO ultrasound and gluten intolerance?

January 23 2012 at 7:51 AM
jnoels  (no login)

Response to 6DPO ultrasound and gluten intolerance?

The 6DPO u/s....
Cooper only did this for me the first two months i cycled with them; it was my understanding that they did it to check the uterine lining. I never did IVF with them, just TI and and later IUI, but they never did the 6dpo u/s after the second month I was with them.

As for gluten intolerance...
I have often wondered this as well about myself, because I also have stomach issues. I brought it up with my first RE, and she was skeptical but agreed to test me for Celiac, and it came back negative. However, the acupuncturist I was seeing around the same time told me several times that she wondered if I had a gluten intolerance (based on my tongue, my pulse, and the fact that she said my body felt like it was retaining water...). After some of my own research and talking with a nutritionist, a few interesting things I found out:

- The blood test for Celiac isn't totally reliable. It's my understanding that it's possible to get a false The only test that is super reliable is where they actualy check out you small intestine.
- You can have a gluten intolerance without actually having Celiac disease, and even just a gluten intolerance can impact fertility.

For me, I decided to give up gluten for a stretch just to see if doing so impacted any of my digestive issues.

Hope this helps!

Respond to this message   
Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement