Return to Index  

Re: Thoughts on my latest RE consultation

January 23 2012 at 9:24 AM
T in chicago  (no login)

Response to Thoughts on my latest RE consultation

I agree with what the others have said. I think REs don't hear a lot about those who have had luck trying naturally with high fsh and we have had a lot on this board. It is true they generally retrive less eggs if we do IVF, and it is a numbers game, but it only takes one. I think its a combination of RE's believing what they learn in school and the infertility treatment being a business. It is definately harder to get pregnant and takes longer to conceive with numbers like yours, but it is not impossible. As far as miscarriage goes Dr. Check has studies that show that you are at no greater risk for miscarriage then anyone else your age when you have elevated FSH. You have age going for you 36, is fairly young. I hate insurance compaines and if you can get them to fund your IVF cycles I would do IVF.You never know how you will respond until you try. When I was cycling Dr. Check prescribed Ethynil estradiol. I believe I started on day one of my cycle. I think it is a synthetic form of estrogen that will not show up in your bloodwork ( won't elevate e2 levels) and it will lower fsh in most people. I don't know if you start on day 1 if it will lower your fsh below 19 by your day 3 bloodwork but it is worth a try. I think you can only use it in the luteal phase ( prior to day 1) IF, you DID NOT try to conceive the cycle before. So you could also not try the cycle before and maybe start med earlier to lower FSH. I think Ethynil estradiol is only sold at the pharmacy across the street from Dr. Checks office. It was cheap as well, about $10 with insurance. Maybe more people on the board can chime in on dosage and how you can get it. I think it brought my fsh down from 25 the previous month to 7 on the month I cycled( it was awhile ago so I cannot remember exactly). It does not increase your egg reserve but hopefully can artificially decrease your FSH enough for insurance to pay. You can also do a search of ethynil estradiol on this board to get more info. Don't be discougaged by your RE's most will say the same thing just find someone willing to go to retrival with one egg in case that's all you get. Good luck.

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Re: Thoughts on my latest RE consultation - BrewersFan on Jan 23, 2012, 12:59 PM
Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement