Return to Index  

info

January 24 2012 at 5:10 PM
Mrs. A  (Login 39andTTC)

Response to Yeah mrs A. How many shots did u take before seeing a difference.

I'd never had my B12 levels checked.  To this day I have no idea if I was deficient or not.

However, that wasn't the basis for me doing the B12 shots.  Below is info I shared with someone about this.  As for how much per shot, I'd have to check but I'm sure it was at least 1 ml and maybe as much as 2 ml.

I did the B12 shots because I had read about how it is important fuel for cell energy and that it promotes healthy cell division.  Since I had very poor division with my embryos in the petri dish, I reasoned that I could compensate for that once they were transferred back.  And then once we decided to move on to DE I still felt that I would benefit from it since that too obviously involves a transfer of an embie.

Using B12 shots to promote better cell division for embies is NOT anything I found documented.  I want to be clear about that - don't want to mislead you that I found evidence to support its use for embie cell division.  BUT, I did read plenty that indicated that adequate levels of the B vitamins is important for fertility as well as read that there is no medical harm or risk to take a B12 shot(s).  And I didn't need to read that part, because DH has always taken B12 shots from his doctor and later a nurse friend who would administer for him.  He suffers from bad allergies that drain and fatigue him so the B12 shots in his case, are for energy.  But once I became a whiz with injections, I started giving him the shots...and then eventually this last cycle I started taking them as well.

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Woow. Thanks great info. Nt - Nadia80 on Jan 25, 2012, 3:27 PM
Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement