Return to Index  

Progesterone level right after ovulation (m/c ment)

January 30 2012 at 2:43 PM
mel  (no login)

At my consult with my RE last week, he did an u/s to see where I was at in my cycle, since I had a one hour(!) AF this cycle. (At first I attributed it to my first AF since my m/c, but now think it may be b/c the DHEA is messing with my hormones.)I thought I already ovulated, but wasn't certain b/c the OPK's were all over the place. During the u/s he said my lining was at a 6, so we should see follicles, which he did not. And I said I think I may have ovulated, and he thought maybe he saw a corpeus luteum. He said we could confirm with b/w. Well, I think I may have just ovulated maybe the day of or day before I saw him. My P4 came back at 2.0, which he says did indicate that I just ovulated. I didn't question him on this, as I know I should have, but I thought P4 after ovulation had to be above 5 to indicate ovulation did occur? Is it possible that I could have just ovulated, which is why the P4 is so low? And if I'm not on progesterone and I'm already 5 or 6 dpo, is it too late to start taking P4? I have prometrium, but don't want to further mess up my cycle by taking it midway through the luteal phase.

FYI...I'm not really being monitored by him, just happened to have an u/s done during my follow-up appt after my m/c. He is not testing my P4 again. I'm not seeing him for another 3 months (after DHEA therapy.)

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Re: Progesterone level right after ovulation (m/c ment) - Erin on Jan 30, 2:53 PM
  3. I was told that it indicated weak ovulation....or maybe you're in the middle of ovulating? - MargieD on Jan 30, 3:05 PM
  5. Don't know for sure but... - NancyMN on Jan 30, 3:14 PM
    1. To clarify - NancyMN on Jan 30, 3:15 PM
    2. NancyMN - mel on Jan 30, 3:45 PM
      1. OPK completely unreliable for me (success ment) - Laura on Jan 30, 5:39 PM
      2. I ditched it! - NancyMN on Jan 31, 12:06 PM

6. Thanks so much!!! - mel on Jan 30, 3:42 PM
  8. progesterone post O - teresa on Jan 31, 10:04 AM
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement