Not 100% sure but ...January 31 2012 at 11:36 AM
|NancyMN (no login)|
Response to one last try....
From what I know about antrals, they are anything between 2-3mm and 10mm. Between 1-3mm are preantrals. I didn't know this until I went to Check's office and they discovered my AFC of zero. But, I was confused by the way they "count" the follicles, which is different than at my clinic. They count them by starting with the biggest follicle, and then counting how many that size or less you have on each side (e.g. 5 under 8mm)? So I was confused when I got my report...it was something like 3 under 3mm, 2 under 3mm. Which they told me were all preantrals (and hence my panic about having zero AFC which I posted about below). So, in your case, since they counted something as high as 8 and 6, some of them are definitely antrals. But it seems like they don't make a distinction how many of each type (antrals vs. preantrals) you have??
Not sure if this helps or confused matters! But, what I read out of it is that at least some of those are definitely antrals, and some might be preantrals.
- Re: Not 100% sure but ... - teresa on Jan 31, 12:22 PM
- Oh no! Sorry!! :) - NancyMN on Jan 31, 12:43 PM
- Re: Oh no! Sorry!! :) - teresa on Jan 31, 12:50 PM
- I had the same experience...! - NancyMN on Jan 31, 1:51 PM
- you are SO right!!! :0) - teresa on Jan 31, 2:07 PM
- I second that SISTER!! - jmassage on Jan 31, 2:28 PM
- LOL!!! n/t - teresa on Jan 31, 3:05 PM