Return to Index  

I wish I had better advice

February 23 2012 at 8:18 AM
Laura  (no login)

Response to I am GOING NUTS, I'm lost and dont know what to do-

Did your Dr tell you if it will just keep getting bigger? Do they have any idea of how long it's been there? I guess what I want to know is whether or not it would have to come out at one time or another anyway. I mean, is it going to cause you years of chronic pain, bleeding (I know fibroids can cause LOTS of bleeding, at random times, not just during AF)? How likely is it that you will m/c if you get pg?

All I can share is the story of another woman. She had a fibroid in her ute that was discovered at her first ultrasound. I don't know the whole story, but she did not have it removed and delivered her baby at 24 wk exactly, the earliest most hospitals will try to save the baby. Had she gone into labor a few days earlier, he wouldn't have been saved. We were both NICU moms together, but while I got to go home after 10 days, her baby likely had to spend 5+ months in the NICU, if he survived. She couldn't hold him because at that time they're too sensitive. He will likely have long-term health and developmental problems.

I'm not saying this to scare you, but you have to weigh the risks of removal vs. the risk of not. If you leave it in and get pg, you will probably not have a normal pregnancy. If that's ok with you, then don't have it removed. I'm so sorry for your situation. It's so hard, and it's not fair, and you shouldn't have to deal with this, and there's no reason for it. But it is happening and your decision is a difficult one. If it were me, honestly, I think I'd rather have it removed and risk the scarring. It's so scary to think of having surgery on your ute, but it might be just what you need to get your perfect child.

All the best, T. Take care.

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Re: I wish I had better advice - teresa on Feb 23, 8:41 AM
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement