IVF with Dr. C - BFP but ulimately ended in M/C - Issues w/ P4 & E2?February 29 2012 at 4:21 AM
|MargieD (no login)|
I did IVF with Dr. C's office. I got a BFP which ultimately ended in m/c. I want to discuss my P4 & E2 issues. See below for numbers.
3 dp3t - bloodwork shows P4 at 23.8 & E2 at 135 - was told to increase P4 suppositories to 400 mg 2 X a day
14 dp3t - BFP! Beta at 106, but P4 dropped to 10.5 and E2 dropped to 63. Was told to increase P4 suppositories to 3 X a day and to add promentrium at bedtime. Ordered from F.reedom
16 dp3t - Beta - 236, P4 still low at 18.4 and E2 at 94 - Told to add 2 CC of PIO along with 400 mg of P4 2 X a day and promentrium at bedtime
20 dp3t - Beta - 673 (not good doubling time), P4 only goes up to 52.1 and E2 at 89. Told to take 2 mg of estrace 2 X a day
22 dp3t - Beta - 731, P4 - 46.3, E2 - 150
Told to stop meds. Worried about ectopic pregnancy. All numbers - including beta - went down in next bloodwork.
With all that meds - it took a LOT for my P4 & E2 levels to rise and it didn't even rise as it should.
Been thinking several things.... 1) poorly functioning corpus luteum?? 2) body did not respond well to the meds (with that much P4 - shouldn't my levels have been higher??)?? 3) Egg quality issue??
Are there any supplements you'd recommend for this particular issue? I've read that B6 can help with the luteal phase defect.
Also - this is a stupid question... but is this considered a "chemical"?
- Well.... - jmassage on Feb 29, 2012, 5:10 AM
- P.S - jmassage on Feb 29, 2012, 5:12 AM
- Numbers & Chemicals.... - MargieD on Feb 29, 2012, 10:08 AM
- Numbers (m/c ment) - mel on Feb 29, 2012, 1:36 PM
- It's so hard to know - AJ on Feb 29, 2012, 7:49 AM
- PS - AJ on Feb 29, 2012, 7:53 AM
- Do you know your P4 levels from the m/c? - MargieD on Feb 29, 2012, 10:21 AM
- I can't remember how long - AJ on Feb 29, 2012, 8:10 PM
- My lingering thoughts, exactly.... you said/asked it well.... - MargieD on Feb 29, 2012, 10:16 AM
- Correction... - MargieD on Feb 29, 2012, 10:18 AM
- My thoughts on P4 - AJ on Feb 29, 2012, 12:09 PM
- "quality of the CL relates to the quality of the egg." - Mrs. A on Mar 1, 2012, 6:13 PM
- So Sorry, hopefully, next time they can give estrace earlier - lucy999 on Feb 29, 2012, 8:13 AM
- Estrace & Ectopic - MargieD on Feb 29, 2012, 10:25 AM
- I'm sorry Margie - Jamie on Feb 29, 2012, 8:32 PM
- E2 = 900 is not a target value - Mrs. A on Mar 1, 2012, 6:35 PM
- I am really sorry - NancyMN on Feb 29, 2012, 11:58 AM
- Feel stupid, but what does CL stand for? nt - jmassage on Feb 29, 2012, 12:24 PM
- CL = Corpus Luteum n/t - minka on Feb 29, 2012, 1:02 PM
- And what about KWIM? :) nt. - NancyMN on Feb 29, 2012, 3:47 PM
- Know What I Mean :) nt. - AJ on Feb 29, 2012, 4:12 PM