Return to Index  

No cycle in in 7 months... is there still hope?

March 8 2012 at 5:55 PM
Laura  (Login jandlp)

I have a 7 year old daughter and was diagnosed w/ high FSH back about 5 years ago while TTC our 2nd child. We tried IVF back then but I had a poor response and the cycle ended up converted to IUI to which we received a BFN. Since then my cycles have pretty much become obsolete. Over the summer I attempted to bring one on myself w/ the use of OTC progesterone cream and was FLOORED when AF arrived a couple of weeks after I had started that. Since then, however, AF has been non-existent once again. I'm only 34 and DH has expressed interest in exploring IVF again. My issue is my poor response 5 years ago and lack of periods since. Aside from the summer, I haven't had a period in about a year.

I hear talk about this Dr. Check ... do you think he would work with someone like me? Is it even worth attempting at this point? i feel so old reproductively and thought DH and i were on the same page w/ regard to this. i want to have another baby desperately but am not prepared to go down that road again... especially since i don't even get my period anymore.

sigh

just looking for some insight from those of you who might have been there done that...

thanks ladies.

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Dr. C.heck - MargieD on Mar 8, 2012, 6:36 PM
    1. Re: Dr. C.heck - Laura on Mar 8, 2012, 6:41 PM
      1. I really don't think he's say you were out! (child mentioned) - Sara H on Mar 8, 2012, 7:06 PM
        1. Re: I really don't think he's say you were out! (child mentioned) - Laura on Mar 8, 2012, 7:33 PM
      2. We are on the same boat - Ashley on Mar 9, 2012, 6:12 AM

2. Well... (pg mentioned and mentioned above) - Sara H on Mar 8, 2012, 6:56 PM
  4. Have you considered TCM? - Kris on Mar 8, 2012, 8:44 PM
    1. agree with Kris, maybe try TCM - mel on Mar 9, 2012, 8:23 AM
    2. this would be my recommendation - Jamie on Mar 9, 2012, 8:36 AM
    3. Tcm for me - Nadia on Mar 9, 2012, 2:53 PM

5. I second the suggestions (m) - KarenGH on Mar 9, 2012, 8:27 AM
  7. Have you done any immune testing? - minka on Mar 9, 2012, 10:25 AM
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement