No cycle in in 7 months... is there still hope?March 8 2012 at 5:55 PM
|Laura (Login jandlp)|
I have a 7 year old daughter and was diagnosed w/ high FSH back about 5 years ago while TTC our 2nd child. We tried IVF back then but I had a poor response and the cycle ended up converted to IUI to which we received a BFN. Since then my cycles have pretty much become obsolete. Over the summer I attempted to bring one on myself w/ the use of OTC progesterone cream and was FLOORED when AF arrived a couple of weeks after I had started that. Since then, however, AF has been non-existent once again. I'm only 34 and DH has expressed interest in exploring IVF again. My issue is my poor response 5 years ago and lack of periods since. Aside from the summer, I haven't had a period in about a year.
I hear talk about this Dr. Check ... do you think he would work with someone like me? Is it even worth attempting at this point? i feel so old reproductively and thought DH and i were on the same page w/ regard to this. i want to have another baby desperately but am not prepared to go down that road again... especially since i don't even get my period anymore.
just looking for some insight from those of you who might have been there done that...
- Dr. C.heck - MargieD on Mar 8, 6:36 PM
- Re: Dr. C.heck - Laura on Mar 8, 6:41 PM
- I really don't think he's say you were out! (child mentioned) - Sara H on Mar 8, 7:06 PM
- Re: I really don't think he's say you were out! (child mentioned) - Laura on Mar 8, 7:33 PM
- We are on the same boat - Ashley on Mar 9, 6:12 AM
- Well... (pg mentioned and mentioned above) - Sara H on Mar 8, 6:56 PM
- Have you considered TCM? - Kris on Mar 8, 8:44 PM
- agree with Kris, maybe try TCM - mel on Mar 9, 8:23 AM
- this would be my recommendation - Jamie on Mar 9, 8:36 AM
- Tcm for me - Nadia on Mar 9, 2:53 PM
- I second the suggestions (m) - KarenGH on Mar 9, 8:27 AM
- Have you done any immune testing? - minka on Mar 9, 10:25 AM