AF question and litttle update~ (everything mentioned and TMI)April 18 2012 at 5:36 AM
|Teresa (no login)|
I hope everyone is well, I am trying to catch up on where everyone is at and what's happening.
On Saturday, I wound up in the hospital. Hemhorrage. I got AF on Monday April 9. Lasted 3 days. Day 4 and 5 were very light. Day 6, I felt a gush and it was like Niagara Falls with a clot the size of a grapefruit, followed by smaller clots and profuse bleeding. I was pale and weak. I called the last RE I followed up with about my fibroid and he said to get into bed and if it continues to go to the ER. 3 hours later, there we were in the ER. They gave me an IV and took blood. The IV made me feel a little better, but I wish I could post pictures of what they did to my arms. I have on both arms, 4 blown out veins and bruising the size of baseballs in 3 spots. The blood work showed no PG and no anemia, so thats good. But noone could tell me what caused this or why. It "could" be the fibroid. It "could" be the endometriosis. FRUSTRATING! They also did nothing to stop it, so I had to come home and rest.
Sunday went for an u/s at the RE's office. They saw the fibroid, its still 2.3. Said it "could" be. I am having the sono saline for the third time next cycle, under anesthesia.
Tuesday, went for bloodwork and another sono, the RE wanted to see where I am at in my cycle.
(I was scheduled to do the water sono saline this week BUT their lab was closed and they couldnt do any procedures at all there. So, have to wait for next cycle (only because I'm having this under anesthesia, as I will not subject myself to that pain again)
The dr was wondering if with my bleeding that they might be able to do the sono saline on Monday but it looks like by Monday I will have ovulated. Yesterday he saw a follicle 16.9 but blood showed no ovulation just yet. Going back tomorrow for blood and u/s.
I know I said I was going to leave this fibroid alone but it seems that it may be causing me to bleed for too many days and now it's a quality of life issue. So, I'm thinking that I will be having the surgery after all. Who knows, maybe I will get super lucky after it and conceive naturally since this RE seems 100% sure that it's distorting my uterus and affecting implantation. (I think he may be right after all I have not gotten PG now for 6 cycles and getting PG was never the issue for me, staying PG was)
The only thing I'm concerned about is having out via lap or via myomectomy (c section cut) the RE yesterday told me that new studies show that having it out laparoscopically isnt more dangerous than having it out with the big incision. (Of course, If you look this up, it says that if you want to have children its better to have an intramural fibroid taken out with the c-section cut since they can get in there and really see better than they can laparoscopically)
I can accept it has to come out Im just worried I will be forced to make a decision about being cut c-section or doing laparoscopic. Obviosuly I dont want to have to recover all summer from a c section cut. But I think because I took some "time off" from this all, I'm now in a better frame of mind to accept whatever the surgeons think I need to do.
That's all! I hope everyone is doing well and I look forward to seeing your updates! XOXO
- Ugh... - Erin on Apr 18, 6:30 AM
- Re: Ugh... - Teresa on Apr 18, 8:09 AM
- Email sent... - Erin on Apr 18, 2:24 PM
- erin***** - teresa on Apr 18, 3:12 PM
- Reply email sent... :) - Erin on Apr 18, 5:45 PM
- Hi Teresa! - Mrs. McIrish on Apr 18, 7:48 AM
- Mrs McIrish! - Teresa on Apr 18, 8:01 AM
- work - Mrs. McIrish on Apr 19, 8:19 AM
- Re: work - Teresa on Apr 19, 12:24 PM
- So scary!!! - Laura on Apr 18, 8:17 AM
- Re: So scary!!! - Teresa on Apr 18, 8:49 AM
- Oh my goodness - mel on Apr 18, 2:03 PM
- Thanks Mel! It's never easy, is it? xoxo n/t - Teresa on Apr 18, 3:13 PM
- Hi! - Nancy on Apr 19, 9:39 AM
- Nancy! - Teresa on Apr 19, 12:17 PM