Return to Index  

4 cell embryo update - PG mentioned

May 11 2012 at 7:04 AM
Sharon  (no login)

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to write a quick update for encouragement. I don't really post here often, but read this and the other high fsh boards all the time because the women on here are offer so much support and guidance. Here are my previous posts for context:http://www.network54.com/Forum/209394/message/1332867293/4+cell+embryo+update+-+PG+mentioned andhttp://www.network54.com/Forum/209394/thread/1331838199/4+cell+embryo+PG+mentioned

I just had my 12 week nuchal screen and the risk of downs is 1 in 6,600 and trisomy is 1 in 10,000. The baby is measuring ahead by 4 days and (so far) everything looks great. We still have a long road ahead.

Here are some of my thoughts on this initial success:

There is no rhyme or reason to why some of us get pregnant, and others don't. It's not fair. Someone can have perfect 8-cell embryos and not get pregnant. My feeling is the more you are able to try, the better your odds are of conceiving. This is really hard for a lot of couples, because finances are so tied to this, unfortunately. My husband and I stayed in massachusetts despite wanting to move mostly because of the fertility coverage. With so many cycles, most of which were viewed as "poor", we probably wouldn't have been able to continue due to finances. Obviously this doesn't work for everyone. I also think ICSI and Assisted Hatching and acupuncture were huge for me. Like I said, these are just my thoughts. I've had friends struggling who ask my opinion and I always tell them those 3 things.

Good luck to you all. This is such a hard journey for so many reasons. I just hope this story of the 1 little 4 cell that could gets people through some of those tough decisions and times.

Thanks for reading,
Sharon

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Thanks for posting! - Houston on May 11, 2:36 PM
  3. Thanks for sharing - Julie on May 13, 4:59 AM
  5. awesome!!! - Nancy on May 13, 5:45 PM
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement