Return to Index  

Dr. Beer's Center

May 16 2012 at 10:41 PM
Sara Q  (no login)

Response to Hi Minka (other pg mentioned)

Hi Hadas,

I don't know anything about Dr. Braverman, but I am currently a patient at the Alan Beer's Center in CA. I have failed 4 IVFs, 3 of which they transferred 1-3 "good quality" embryos - and never, every a BFP. Ever.

Three months ago I found out I had endometriosis and a small septum in my uterus. Woulda been good to know earlier, huh? They did a lap to remove the endo - which was mostly on my bowel. (I wouldn't let them go inside my ovaries because I was so worried about exaccerbating my DOR - I even had them change the consent form. I've been around the block more than once in this IVF game...)

So just to not leave any stone unturned I went to the Beer's Center. Thankfully, I didn't end up having a lot of problems, but it does appear I have one big problem - my HLA blocking antibodies, which basically tell your body to not attack an embryo are WAY too low. They are supposed to be above 50 and mine are 1.8. So their recommendation was to have a LIT - which unfortunately is not available in the U.S. anymore. So it's off to Mexico we go.....which Dr. Check supports. (It's the only immunological treatment he really believes in, which is easier for me since our next step is to do a low stim IVF with him.

I don't know how our story will turn out, but I will certainly let you know. Good luck with whatever you choose to do.

Hugs,

Sara Q

P.S. Our insurance paid for almost all of the treatment and consults from the Beer's Center. And we have really, really crappy insurance. wink.gif

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Thank you and questions - Hadas on May 17, 7:11 AM
    1. Insurance, another RI, LIT - minka on May 17, 7:49 AM
      1. Wow! - Hadas on May 17, 8:33 AM
        1. It's overwhelming but! - Nancy on May 17, 10:33 AM
          1. Exactly... - Hadas on May 17, 11:00 AM
            1. I know lots of success stories (other success, mc, pg ment) - minka on May 17, 11:58 AM
              1. I'm wishing you good luck!! - Hadas on May 17, 12:33 PM
                1. Thanks! - minka on May 17, 2:46 PM
    2. Re: Thank you and questions - Sara Q on May 17, 8:17 AM
      1. Thanks! - Hadas on May 17, 9:48 AM
      2. Good to know! - minka on May 17, 10:11 AM
        1. Re: Good to know! - Sara Q on May 17, 10:45 AM
          1. Good luck, Sara! n/t - minka on May 17, 11:56 AM

Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement