Genetic testing of embryos - is it an option for low responder?(m'c mentioned)May 24 2012 at 8:36 PM
|Julie (no login)|
Since I had multiple miscarriages, I asked my RE about genetic testing. He said given my situation (my last IVF, highest dose stipulation, only got two eggs, one mature), it is not worthwhile to do genetic testing. Because even if it is tested normal, i may lose my embryo during the freezing or thawing or incubation whatever.
However, that was before I had another miscarriage. I am so tired and terrified of miscarriage - not only because of the emotional roller coaster, but also it wastes time...
One of my friend told me at CCRM they can do testing as long as I can produce two eggs.
I am just wondering if any of you has some information or opinion about genetic testing. Is it worth it? or it is too risky to lose the only few eggs?
- I have had genetic testing done (baby and m/c mentioned) - Jamie on May 25, 5:43 AM
- Thanks Jamie - Julie on May 25, 12:14 PM
- I hear you - Jamie on May 25, 2:38 PM
- actually, I only tested two - Jamie on May 25, 2:43 PM
- Many thanks Jamie - Julie on May 28, 11:32 AM
- Re: Genetic testing of embryos - is it an option for low responder?(m'c mentioned) - Whitney on May 25, 11:31 AM
- One embryo is my problem... - Julie on May 25, 12:18 PM
- I tried to do genetic testing at CCRM..... - Sara Q on May 30, 3:40 PM
- Just saw your reply. Many thanks SaraQ - Julie on Jun 6, 5:13 PM