Return to Index  

Prioritize yourself... :-) (m/c ment)

May 30 2012 at 6:31 PM
MargieD  (no login)

Response to Thanks friend

How far along are you on the dissertation?

I took my sweet time finishing my dissertation. When I m/c in March - I couldn't handle the grief and went right into the dissertation. I couldn't believe how quickly I got it done when I truly focused. I could have graduated in May if I had started focusing a week or two earlier - but I missed the deadline by a week or so and will be graduating in August even though I finished everything before summer semester started.

After all that crap - I realized that I spent more time worrying/stressing about the dissertation than actually doing it.

I thought about something my therapist said to me in one of our sessions - when I was talking about trying to do everything. He asked me "How's that working for you?" "Not too good..." Since then, I've thought a lot about priorities.... he's got a point there - you know?

Dealing with the IF stuff is super crazy... get your dissertation done and trust me - with all that extra time - you will be able to deal with Co-opers more effectively....

Get that dissertation done! happy.gif

Respond to this message   
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement