Return to Index  

It can happen! (pregnancy and child mentioned)

June 5 2012 at 4:35 AM
Nana  (no login)

I just want to tell you my story and give you some hope, beacuse I read (without writing) in here when I was trying to concieve at a clinic in Europe, where me and my husband lives.

I was 36 when we started trying, and I knew that I had to hurry because of my age, so we went into treatment pretty soon after trying at home first.

To make a long story short, I was told that I had very small number og eggs. Usually the scanned 4 eggs, and I never had more than 3 eggs during the whole treatment period. I had only had 2 eggs taken out when trying for IVF.

My fsh was measured to about 9,4, so that in itself was not as bad as the scanned showed. So no correlation there. Never got to measure my AMH.

Anyways, we started on IUI with hormones, and I had a bio on the second IUI. We had 4 IUI's at the beginning with 3 eggs each time.

Then we moved on to IVF with high doses of hormones, and I only got a transfer one time with w 2-celled egg. I didn't take.

We were then told, that I would never get pregnant and we should go for egg donation instead. We were then closed in the public healt system (here it's free of charge to do 3 IUI's and 3 IVF's if you're under 40 and doesn't have any children with your current husband/boyfriend)

We wanted to adopt a child instead of donation, so we thought that we might try a last time, paying for it ourselves.

I had 400 ie Fostimon and I only made 1 egg and the lining wasnøt that well either, so the doctor said, that he thought we should save the money and go for an IUI. So we did, and by a miracle I fell pregnant with our today 10 months old daughter who is healthy and well.

I went throug aproximately 17 eggs before there was bonus. Know we are trying IUI again, but this time more relaxed if nothing happens.

So my point is just, that even though the doctors says you will never get pregnant, don't stop before you your self feel it is time to stop.

Best of luck to all off you brave ladies in here!

Love,
Nana

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Thank you! - Nancy on Jun 5, 12:34 PM
  3. Thanks for sharing - Julie on Jun 5, 5:37 PM
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement