Blood draw suggestions...June 21 2012 at 10:09 AM
|Sara H (no login)|
Response to 30 vials for Dr. Braverman... what??
I am very slight, too, and here is what has helped me!
1) Go in well hydrated! The day before really push the water and a bit of some salty snacks. It really helps a ton! I mean about 8 glasses of water (no soda or tea or coffee)
2) Bring a sugary snack with you. Helps if you feel light headed.
3) If you are really worried bring a friend to drive you, just in case!
4) Talk to the person taking your blood all the way though, or chat with your friend. It helps sooo much to take you mind off it!
And, just a note: 30 tests does not mean 30 veils, in most cases. I bet it will be less when you get there!
Honestly, the worst part is thinking about it and them finding a vein. After that 3 or 30 feels about the same if you are well hydrated!
Good luck and may it be less!
- Thank you... - Hadas on Jun 21, 10:38 AM
- Oh, darn... - Sara H on Jun 21, 3:04 PM
- Just curious... What is the weight suggestion? N/t - Hadas on Jun 21, 6:06 PM
- I was ... - Sara H on Jun 22, 8:07 AM
- Ah, now I'm worried! - Hadas on Jun 23, 10:26 PM
- the amount is less than donating - Nancy on Jun 25, 8:15 AM
- Ditto on water! - Laura on Jun 21, 1:36 PM