Return to Index  

totally depends i guess

June 21 2012 at 3:56 PM
Nancy  (no login)

Response to Spoke to lab

hi! From what I understand, it totally depends on your dx. i thnk some treatments are fairly "simple", e.g. Prednisone, dexamethasone. Others are more involved, like IVIG, intralipids, and LIT and may or may not be covered by insurance. I dont have a complete list, but you could start asking your insurance about the following:

IVIG
Intralipids
LIT
Prednisone
Dexamethasone
Lovenox
Humira

I think there are more, but I am pretty new to this whole immune thing so not 100% sure. Dr. Beers book describes this all in detail I recommend going to the immune forum on yahoo, or if you have a fertility friend account there is a private forum there as well. One thing I am pretty sure of, is that when they prescribe you these meds, it does not go against a fertility dx. I think there are some women on the over 40 forum who seem to have done or are doing immune treatments, maybe they have some ideas too. your b/w also does not go against IF (i saw the codes on the order, they are all differen than IF...I made a copy of the orders/labs when I got them so I would remember!)

One thing to keep in mind, not sure what Dr. B told you, but in many states he says he cannot give you the RX unless he has personally seen you, so make sure you find someone local who is willing to give these meds out. My GP of all people is willing to for some of it, but not all. I havent asked the RE yet, I go to cooper and pretty sure they wont do most of it, but I am not sure. there is a list of cooperating doctors on yahoo, have you seen it? It's on this website (I can't find the direct link, I nly have a copy of the list I can send it to you via email if you like).

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/immunologysupport/

Nancy

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Thank you again! n/t - Hadas on Jun 21, 2012, 7:22 PM
Find more forums on FertilityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement