Return to Index  

(success mentioned)

June 28 2012 at 12:25 PM
Houston  (no login)

Response to Amh level results and sad

My FSH was only .4 when I had success, so not much higher than yours when I had success. I now have an AMH of .2. I still respond just as well as I did when my FSH was .4. These numbers are variable and I would not put too much weight on them. Really, the test is how well you do on the stim drugs. However, even if you do not respond to one protocol does not mean you will not respond to another. For instance, I did not respond in a cycle a few months ago except for 1 follicle. The next cycle I was supposed to have 5 mature and about 10 total eggs(retrieval was botched so that is another issue). So, I absolutely would not give up hope.

Age is the best predictor of quality. You may just have a reduced quantity. Do you mind if I ask how old you are?

Also, let me add (just in case you go crazy googling like I did when I first got this diagnosis)--almost all of the information on the internet is old. There are even sites saying you can't really get pregnant when you have an FSH over 10, which is absoutely ridiculous (mine was 18 and there are many people with far higher FSHs on these boards that have gotten pregnant(even 100)). Also, the recent studies indicate that low AMH and high FSH really just predicts quantity in terms of response to IVF meds, not quality.

The one thing I would make sure of is that you go to a doc with a lot of experience treating poor responders. I would also make sure they have good statistics. I would also move relatively aggressively.

I think us girls with high FSH can find success, but sometimes it does take us more tries just because we need more tries to get more eggs.

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Re: (success mentioned) - Houston on Jun 28, 2012, 12:26 PM
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement