Return to Index  

Understand Completely (preg mentioned)

July 11 2012 at 5:33 AM
Marti  (Login longing4baby)

Response to Repost from below- New to High FSH

Hi AR,
I understand where you are with anxiety and fear about your FSH levels. While they are elevated right now, I would encourage you to find out more about your hormone levels. The RE will probably test your blood for all sorts of hormone levels. Make sure to ask them to test your thyroid levels. Learn about what these levels are, I would caution you from doing general web research because most of is not High FSH friendly and can increase anxiety. These boards are a lifesaver because you have some of the best FSH advocates cheering you on because they have been there and done that. All of the tests that your RE will do will give you better insight into the challenges you will face, but you can overcome the odds. Here is my story: After my diagnosis of diminished ovarian reserve, I was angry and upset. I could not understand why my 35 year old body was failing me. My lowest FSH was 23 and highest was 31, AMH .16, TSH 4.4, Follicle count of 4 and an ovary which had been removed in a previous surgery. I switched RE's because one would not take me because his odds of my conceiving and delivering a child were between 1% - 5%. I knew there had to be better answers for me out there. My new RE immediately put me on 25 mcg synthroid daily because she felt TSH had to be between 1 and 2 for conception. I underwent the entire battery of tests even though she told me my chances of conception were 1% with the most aggressive IVF. All the tests revealed was a rising FSH, the remaining ovary had a blocked tube and uterine polyps. In between the testing, she insisted I see an endocrinologist to determine what autoimmune issues I had if any and this doctor increased my synthroid to 100 mcg per day. At the end of the testing cycles my RE told me I was not a viable IVF candidate and continued to push the donor egg but I first had to undergo surgery to remove the blocked tube and polyps. My heart could not bear the idea of all chances of a natural conception being taken from me. I immediately found two high FSH friendly RE's in Houston (thanks to advice from this board) and was waiting to travel there when I discovered my DH and I were naturally pregnant with twins. The little miracles are 12 wks, 4 days and we are excited to the moon and back for this opportunity that seemed like would never happen. When I discovered I was pregnant, I iimmediately saw my second RE and she monitored me every week since the fourth week to ensure everything was progressing as it should be until she turned me over to my OB. Throughout this process, this board and the beautiful women behind it have been a source of strength for me. I hope you find them to be the same. I know my story is not the norm, but I remember many sleepless nights of reading old posts to find success stories to push me to not lose strength, ask for what I needed from my doctors versus the advice they are quick to give women with DOR. Best wishes and I look forward to an update later from you!

Respond to this message   
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement