1st IVF cycle (with Dr. Ch eck) cancelled :(July 18 2012 at 5:30 PM
|Jess (no login)|
I am new to these boards and looking for some advice/answers, especially bc I see so many Ch.eck chicks here!
Some background: This was my first cycle at Co.ooper and my first IVF. I have a 3 yr old son that I conceived naturally (although it did take 9 months which Dr. C says is not normal for my age back then) We have been TTC #2 now for about 20 months. I am 28yo, normal FSH (seems to range between 6-8), tubes open, but low AMH # (.6). My ATC is "ok" I guess (this past cycle it was 13). DH checked out normal (although sometimes his motility comes out a little low-ish, but nothing horrible). Previously, we had done 2 IUIs with injectables at Co.rnell - both BFN. One of my concerns was that I was ready for the trigger after only 4-5 days of shots and ended up doing my IUIs very early (CD10 and CD6). The first IUI we had 3 follicles and the 2nd we only had 1 (which sprouted up to 17mm VERY quickly).
Ok, fast-forward to this month. When we had out initial consult with Dr. C, he seemed to think I had low progesterone (based on that swab test where he looks at the shape/clumping of the cells...?) My levels came back at 6.5, but I was already 11dpo so not sure it's an accuarate estimate of my P4, you know?
Anyway, based on the fact that I have off in the summer, and my low AMH #, Dr. C recommended doing an IVF (or 2) over the summer - which would be the best time for me- even though he didn't REALLY think I needed it at this point.
Because of my very fast response with the IUIs, Dr. C said not to start stims till CD8 (75 gonal-f and 75 menopur). When I went for b/w and u/s on CD9, everything looked "normal," (E2- 394, LH- 4.9) and I was told to go back on CD11. Well, low and behold, on CD11, I all of the sudden have a 22mm (!!!) follicle (my monitoring is being down OOT). The nurse calls that afternoon and says it's too late to take ganerelix and they have never seen a follicle come out of nowhere and get that big before. Dr. C thought maybe it was a human error (measured wrong, or it was really 2 follicles next to each other that made it look like 1 big one) so he had me continue the stims and kind of just ignore the big one. However, he was wrong. I went back today, and the u/s and bloods confirmed that I had already ovulated (my P4 is 10.2). So obviously this cycle is not happening. It's especially frustrating bc I have NINE other follicles that are now all measuring pretty close to each other. The nurse called today and said to take Lupron for 4 days so that these follicles don't mess up my next cycle.
So questions (since the nurse basically told me the instructions and hung up)- assuming you're still reading this novel - has anyone had anything like this happen to them before? Is it indicative of my DOR? Also, I just don't understand what happens to the rest of the follicles. Even if one ovulated, can't they still retrieve the others and freeze them for a FET? And lastly, I supposedly have low progesterone, but isn't 10.2 pretty good for 3-4 dpo?
Sorry this is so long! TIA! I hope everyone in here gets their BFPs soon!!
- Re: 1st IVF cycle (with Dr. Ch eck) cancelled :( - Jennifer on Jul 19, 4:52 AM
- Re: 1st IVF cycle (with Dr. Ch eck) cancelled :( - Anonymous on Jul 19, 7:05 AM
- Re: 1st IVF cycle (with Dr. Ch eck) cancelled :( - Jess on Jul 19, 7:06 AM
- my thoughts - Mrs. McIrish on Jul 19, 7:51 AM
- Re: my thoughts - Jess on Jul 19, 8:34 AM
- my thoughts - Mrs. McIrish on Jul 19, 11:41 AM
- protocol - Antonialisa on Jul 19, 7:47 AM
- Re: protocol - Jess on Jul 19, 8:40 AM
- Re: protocol - Antonialisa on Jul 19, 11:06 AM
- Re: protocol - Jess on Jul 22, 4:24 PM
- do you normally ovulate early? - jkl on Jul 19, 8:40 AM
- I have normal FSH and low AMH as well - Sara Q on Jul 19, 9:26 AM
- interesting - jkl on Jul 19, 9:51 AM
- so confused - Jess on Jul 19, 10:21 AM
- lupron - Mrs. McIrish on Jul 19, 11:43 AM
- thanks! - Anonymous on Jul 19, 12:36 PM
- Re: thanks! - Jess on Jul 19, 12:37 PM
- Yes, they did give me estinyl but it might not have worked out so well! - Sara Q on Jul 19, 7:08 PM
- Re: do you normally ovulate early? - Jess on Jul 19, 10:11 AM
- once you ovulate - jkl on Jul 19, 1:44 PM
- Re: once you ovulate - Anonymous on Jul 19, 7:09 PM
- update - Jess on Jul 20, 12:46 PM