Return to Index  

IUI vs. BD (or both?)

July 19 2012 at 5:14 PM
BrewersFan  (Login voxfan)

Hi ladies,

I am currently on my 9th day of high stim meds and went in for an ultrasound/bloodwork this morning. I have a 21 mm and an 11 mm follicle on the right side and 3 on the left (17 mm, 13 mm, 11 mm). My main RN said that I should count out the two 11 mm follicles and pretty much look at the other 3 as the ones responding. She said that I can assume to have 2-3 mature follicles. It looks like I will be canceling IVF since I would like to try a different protocol (without Lupron) and hope for at least 3-4 mature follicles.

She is recommending IUI due to my DH's SA (morphology is 7%, motility is 44%, count is good).

I am satelliting at a local hospital and unfortunately need to work with my original RE who is completely doom and gloom. He "crossed the boundary" today (according to him) by questioning what my main RE is doing and asked if I had been given success rate percentages. I did not ask him for his opinion on anything but he let me know that I should pretty much give up everything and not expect good results, no matter what the procedure. Good thing I left this jerk as my main RE.

Do most of you at least attempt IUI if you are canceling an IVF cycle? I am planning on also trying the cheaper way (BD!). When should I aim to do this if we go through with the IUI?

Thanks so much for any input/advice/experiences. Baby dust TO ALL!

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Re: IUI vs. BD (or both?) - Nancy on Jul 19, 5:59 PM
    1. I have not done IUI before - BrewersFan on Jul 19, 6:36 PM
      1. Re: I have not done IUI before - Nancy on Jul 19, 8:24 PM
        1. I need to get better at asking the right questions - BrewersFan on Jul 19, 8:43 PM

2. Yes!! Iui!! Both!!! - Anon on Jul 19, 8:21 PM
    1. Ha, ha, I will follow your advice! - BrewersFan on Jul 19, 8:44 PM

3. Have same issue with Satellite RE! - Nasrin on Jul 20, 8:21 AM
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement