Return to Index  

Some answers...

July 22 2012 at 5:15 PM
Erin  (no login)

Response to Officially in 2ww after IUI - Lupron Question

Hi Brewersfan- Sorry you had to convert to IUI this cycle, but I'm hoping it turns out well for you! In my IVF cycles, I got mature eggs out of follicles that were 13mm at trigger, so very unlikely that they were greater than 17mm at ER (which I think would correspond with your IUI day). I think there's definitely hope for your 17mm and maybe even smaller ones! For me, much above 20mm at trigger meant the eggs were overcooked and smaller turned out to be mature, but everyone is different. As for P4, I definitely recommend taking it since it can't hurt and can only help in these early days. Wishing you good luck and a quick and painless 2ww!

And on lupron, I had terrible luck on full-strength lupron, but did great on MDL ("microdose lupron" which is much lower strength lupron). Next round I would probably try MDL or an antagonist (Cetrotide or Ganirelix). For some people, estrogen priming also helps prevent lead follicles (this worked for me as well). Good luck!

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. P4 Question - How much and when to start? - BrewersFan on Jul 22, 5:55 PM
    1. It is indeed one big experiment... - Erin on Jul 22, 6:10 PM
      1. I will be checking P4 on Thursday - BrewersFan on Jul 22, 6:21 PM

2. Agreed and - Alli on Jul 23, 10:23 AM
    1. I took Cetrotide for 3 days prior to my cycle starting - BrewersFan on Jul 23, 11:08 AM
      1. Hopefully this will work! :) nt - Alli on Jul 23, 4:55 PM

Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement