Return to Index  

Thanks Jess

July 26 2012 at 10:38 PM
Sara Q  (no login)

Response to Re: First Check IVF cycle cancelled

I'm doing a little bit better today and really appreciate your message. Yes, you do know how much canceling an IVF sucks, and I'm really sorry that you had to go through it as well. Yuck, yuck, yuck. I like your mantra, "Maybe not now, but soon.." I will try to get in that mindset as well. (We had an adoption fall through this month as well. I think all of these disappointments are starting to do some damage to my usually optimistic viewpoint.) Maybe not now, but soon....

Unfortunately, my phone call with Dr. Check was not very helpful in helping me understand why I got a lead follicle and only made two uneven follies. He said one of his goals was to delay my ovulation, which we achieved. But preventing the lead follie, not so much. I was a little disappointed that he didn't have more ideas honestly. Was it you who they suggested use a Lupron trigger? He did say that was a possibility....

As far as diagnosis, I have DOR and a bunch of immune issues. DH also had 95% anti-sperm antibodies, so Check suggested we do IVF or IUI with something special (can't remember the name), but we can't find anyone to do that here in Cali.

But Jess, I've already done 4 IVFs, all high stim. No BFP, ever. I've gotten a lot of embryos, they've looked good on day 3, but the one time we tried to go to day 5, they all died. Check believes that this was due to the extremely high stims I was on as well as testosterone. I don't know if that's true or not, but I would like to find sometime soon.

Wishing you luck and strength moving forward,
Sara

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Have you thought about - Jess on Jul 27, 2012, 8:58 AM
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement