Cysts (sigh), what is Dr. Ch.eck's protocol?July 30 2012 at 6:42 AM
|Jess (no login)|
Went for my day 2 bloodwork and u/s today. The tech found 2 cysts, one on my RT (which she said was "not so bad," and seemed to think would shrink with my period), and one "big one" on my Left (I think I saw on the machine either 22mm or 26mm).
I knew cysts were a definite possibility since my last cycle was cancelled while 9 follies were growing. I took some Lupron last week that was supposed to prevent the cysts- and it probably did help some (I'm sure there would have been more than 2 if not for the Lupron), but obviously it didn't completely stop them.
The tech said that at their clinic (I'm doing OOT monitoring), the cycle would probably be cancelled- but every place is different. This is my last IVF try (for a while, at least) before going back to natural, so just wondering if anyone had cyst experience with Dr. Ch.eck's office? Do they usually cancel? Try to shrink it with Ganerelix or BCPs? (I had 6 cysts during a previous cycle at Co.rnell and they successfully got rid of them with 3 shots of the ganerlix and 5 days of BCPs- and then I started on the stims).
Any experience or advice would be appreciated! Thanks so much!
- Uch!! please tell me I'm not the only one with this OOT problem - Jess on Jul 30, 4:49 PM
- I had some problems, too.... - MargieD on Jul 30, 4:57 PM
- I had cysts all the time - Cee on Jul 31, 5:42 AM
- Thanks- you guys were right- - Jess on Jul 31, 1:13 PM
- A thought about the cyst.... - MargieD on Jul 31, 1:45 PM
- Hmm.. - Jess on Jul 31, 4:13 PM
- Depends on the cyst and experience of the RE.... - MargieD on Jul 31, 4:39 PM
- any news? - Nancy on Aug 1, 11:00 AM
- update - Jess on Aug 1, 12:36 PM