No specific info on this protocol... (success mentioned)August 2 2012 at 1:01 PM
|Erin (no login)|
Response to Sher Protocol
But, I just wanted to give my 2 cents. Obviously, each of us comes at these protocol advice questions from the point of view of what we've done w/ our own IF treatment. I'm no different, so I'll just briefly share my experience. For my first protocol, I was put on a similar regimen to yours- high stims and lupron. I got 4 eggs (but it took 18 days of stimming to get there!), 2 fertilized and I transferred a 5-cell and a 3-cell. There's not a lot of success w/ embryos under 6 cells at day 3, and it didn't work. I did another high stim cycle for the next round, this time at C.CRM w/ an "everything but the kitchen sink" protocol. Again, another epic fail w/ 0 transferable embryos. Then I switched to my 3rd clinic (C.ornell) and completed 2 low stim/MDL protocols w/ a combined total of 3 embryos greater than 6-cells to transfer, and found success.
I'm sharing all of that b/c for me, I wish I would have gone to low stim sooner after seeing how poorly I did w/ that first cycle. If I would have stayed with that 1st RE (or the 2nd for that matter) they would have kept throwing high stims at me, and I have no doubt I wouldn't be where I am today. It's hard to go against your RE's advice. Everyone is different and you may in fact do great with the protocol your RE is proposing (and there are definitely women on this board who have had success w/ high stims), but I just wanted to share my experience as something to think about. Wishing you lots of luck!
- I did mention low stims... - BrewersFan on Aug 2, 2:40 PM
- Re: I did mention low stims... - Erin on Aug 2, 3:08 PM
- Re: I did mention low stims... - Nancy on Aug 2, 3:18 PM
- Yes, it would definitely make things easier... - BrewersFan on Aug 2, 5:06 PM
- I got essentially the same # of eggs, but w/ much better fert/quality w/ low stim... - Erin on Aug 2, 5:15 PM
- Interesting results - BrewersFan on Aug 2, 8:54 PM