How do you muster the strength/courage to try again at IVF? (BFN mentioned)August 3 2012 at 7:51 AM
|BrewersFan (Login voxfan)|
I am always so impressed at the strength and courage so many of you show by going through one or more attempts at IVF. I began AF this morning (even though I have been taking Endometrin twice per day since an IUI 12 days ago). It's already so hard to go through this disappointment and I don't know if I can endure this again.
There are so many questions with all of this. Am I working with the right RE, high stims or low stims, BCP or not, etc.?
My current RE is out of state and he is such a sweet man (especially compared to my first RE). However, I question some things. For example, he did not test my FSH the cycle I attempted IVF. He also is suggesting that my next attempt at IVF utilizes high stims again but this time with BCP.
As you all know, there is so much that goes into this process and I'm not sure that I can put myself through this again. Maybe it is because I am assuming that my beta will be a BFN (went in for blood draw this morning) and I just need a little time to deal with this.
So, what gets all of you through this crazy roller coaster?
Thanks ladies. As always, I so greatly appreciate everyone's responses. BABY DUST TO ALL!!
- Forgot to add... - BrewersFan on Aug 3, 8:48 AM
- Awww.....I'm so sorry. (preg and DE ment.) - Raindrops1 on Aug 3, 8:58 AM
- My HERstory (little spin on history) OE child, DE ment - Rebekah on Aug 3, 9:59 AM
- I'm sorry... (everything ment) - Erin on Aug 3, 10:26 AM
- I am sorry (everything mentioned) - Nancy on Aug 3, 10:28 AM
- You really summed up how I have been feeling - BrewersFan on Aug 3, 12:21 PM
- Re: You really summed up how I have been feeling - Nancy on Aug 6, 8:22 PM
- Wow, I cannot thank all of you enough - BrewersFan on Aug 3, 12:16 PM
- Have a Plan (lots ment) - Alli on Aug 3, 5:16 PM
- I'm so sorry, BF!! - Laura on Aug 3, 5:53 PM
- Thank you, Alli and Laura! - BrewersFan on Aug 3, 6:45 PM
- I think you've just asked the quintessential questions - GreenEggsNHam on Aug 4, 12:16 PM
- I thoroughly enjoyed reading your post! - BrewersFan on Aug 4, 7:51 PM
- 4 REs/5 attempts at IVF, and at 39 one healthy baby! (all ment.) - Jamie on Aug 4, 6:25 PM
- Couple of Questions, Jamie - BrewersFan on Aug 4, 7:55 PM
- my pleasure! - Jamie on Aug 5, 9:06 PM
- Thanks for the info, Jamie! - BrewersFan on Aug 6, 9:45 AM
- really wishing you all the best - Jamie on Aug 6, 1:09 PM