Return to Index  

Spoke to Dr. Ch eck again- what kind of protocol is this??

August 3 2012 at 10:42 AM
Jess  (no login)

Hi everyone happy.gif

I spoke with Dr. C again last night. He believes my cysts that were seen at baseline are non-functional, so we are able to start the cycle (yay?).

Not sure if you remember, but I was super-confused about Dr. Ch.oe instructing me to take Lupron 20iu for 4 days during my luteal phase 2 weeks ago. I was supposed to be getting suppressed for this cycle (since last cycle was cancelled due to lead follicle that esentially went from 0 to 60 in 2 days) and I did not understand how only 4 days of Lupron was going to suppress me. I called the nurses FOUR times to confirm this and they kept assuring me that that was the correct dose. Anyway, when Dr. Ch.eck looked at my chart, he said he has "no idea" what Dr. Ch.oe was thinking and I basically took those 4 shots for nothing. It did not suppress me and now Dr. Ch.eck came up with a "damage control" (my words) protocol I guess.
Here it is: I started Lupron 15iu last night and will be taking it tonight and Sat night (and that's it for the Lupron). Start Gonal-F (75) on Sat night as well and go back for monitoring on Monday. I have no idea what kind of protocol this is! Dr. C just kept saying I'm "weird" and "tricky" and that I have to keep reminding the nurses that no other doctors can make a decision bc he needs to be involved. Last cycle, I did not have any suppression and took Gonal-F (75) and Menopur (75). This time, he said that's too much meds and is dropping the Menopur (for now, anyway). I've never heard of an IVF with just Gonal-F at 75iu, but I do trust that Dr. Ch.eck comes up with the best personalized protocols. And maybe it's different with mini-IVF...?

Anyone ever been on a protocol similar to this?

Thanks for all your support!!

Respond to this message   
Responses

1. this makes more sense... also, would you do IVF with just 1 egg? - Jess on Aug 6, 2012, 4:51 PM
    1. Personal decision... - Nancy on Aug 6, 2012, 8:02 PM

Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement