Very annoyed with DH (a little vent)August 7 2012 at 9:25 PM
|Sara Q (no login)|
What do you do when you get annoyed with your DHs about IF related things? My DH is usually pretty emotionally supportive as well as really helpful dealing with insurance. He is terrible, however, about remembering things cycle-related. For example, our acupuncturist is going out of town during the two weeks that we will be cycling, so he suggested that we both see him 2-3 times before he leaves next week. (DH has high anti-sperm antibodies, so he goes to the acupuncturist as well.) So I made one appointment for him and told him that he needed to call for the second one. Of course he forgot to do that and now there are no appointments left.
When he told me I got so so mad. I take X number of pills and supplements a day, go to 10 appointments a week, spend multiple hours on the phone with doctors, research all the time, etc. And he can't remember to schedule the one appointment he has to go to? I feel resentful that he may be jeopardizing our chances by being forgetful.
Ugh. I know I probably sound really bitchy or like I'm being hard on him. I don't mean too, I am just frustrated. Believe me, I do know how lucky I am to have a very supportive DH. I am just tired of feeling like I'm managing all this IF and IVF stuff by myself while trying to do my own work as well. And I just don't have the energy to manage him too....
Any advice or similar situations? I could use an outside perspective....
- What worked for me- A heart to heart with DH - Teresa on Aug 8, 2:12 AM
- Ugh... similar situation, but no advice.... (also a vent) - MargieD on Aug 8, 4:19 AM
- Husbands... Ugh... - Erin on Aug 8, 6:56 AM
- Sounds familiar! - Nancy on Aug 8, 10:23 AM
- Correction... - Nancy on Aug 8, 10:28 AM
- OMG! - Antonialisa on Aug 8, 4:17 PM
- I hear ya - Nasrin on Aug 8, 6:34 PM
- Your replies made my day...thank you! - Sara Q on Aug 8, 8:12 PM
- We have an equal partnership, but I carry the IF "effort" - GreenEggsNHam on Aug 8, 8:57 PM
- You are not alone. - Raindrops1 on Aug 9, 12:56 PM