medication abortion questions- Misoprostol-only ?August 8 2012 at 10:26 AM
|Julie (no login)|
Blighted ovum at 8.5 weeks. Gestation sac is only 5.5 wks. My RE said I can do medication abortion and gives me a prescription for Misoprostol only.
However, when I searched online I found out people often do medication abortion with Mifepristone. My OB said she can't prescribe Mifepristone and I have to go to an abortion clinic and she doesn't recommend medication abortion after 7 weeks.
1. I am debating whether I should choose the medication abortion route or D&C. My gestational sac is small. The medication can be used up to 9 wks. But my OB doesn't recommend if it is above 7 wks.
2. my RE only prescribed Mosoprostol used vaginally. My research said it is not as effective as two meds combination. I wonder what your doctors prescribe if you ever have a medication abortion experience?
3. misoprostol used vaginally may cause a rare but fatal infection. So it is said many doctors only prescribe oral misoprostol. Any suggestion on this?
- The advice I was given on other bd - Alli on Aug 8, 11:25 AM
- Ectopic was given - ActingLoud on Aug 8, 11:35 AM
- misoprostol (m/c ment) - mel on Aug 8, 11:56 AM
- many thanks everyone! - Julie on Aug 9, 5:36 PM