trigger on CD2 - should i go through with retrieval?August 14 2012 at 6:45 AM
|buddircup (no login)|
hi, This is the first time i'm posting, but i've been reading for a while. i'm in need of advice! i went in for baseline yesterday on CD2 for IVF #4 and my doc said i had one dominant follicle measuring 18. she said i was ready for trigger. i'm concerned it is a corpus luteum or a cyst and am afraid to waste an ivf cycle (paying out of pocket) but also don't want to miss the one good egg. CD2 b/w : E2 232, LH 1 and P4 1. My last cycle we tried retrieval and couldn't get an egg because i broke through cetrotide and the timing was off without the trigger, so we did an iui as backup. i'm afraid that stayed around as a cyst? Has this happened to anyone? thanks in advance for your help!
i'm 33 have high fsh - highest in the 30's, dh perfect, IVF 1 went for 2 eggs (high stim cycle modified Sher L-8 - neither made it past fertilization), IVF 2 went natural cycle (bad egg), ivf 3 (mini-stim with estrogen priming) converted to iui when i broke through cetrotide - started slow but everything looked good up until the end.
- My Two Cents - Nancy on Aug 14, 8:39 AM
- Follicle v Cyst is very confusing! - AJ on Aug 14, 8:49 AM
- Forgot to mention - Nancy on Aug 14, 9:46 AM
- Hi there - AJ on Aug 14, 8:41 AM
- thanks for your advice - buddircup on Aug 14, 10:03 AM
- That's nice of your doc - AJ on Aug 14, 10:33 AM
- IVF & freezing - buddircup on Aug 14, 11:06 AM
- Re: IVF & freezing - Anonymous on Aug 14, 11:15 AM
- Gotcha- please keep us updated! - AJ on Aug 14, 12:42 PM
- sure thing - buddircup on Aug 14, 12:44 PM
- NO! - anonforthis on Aug 14, 8:44 AM
- Update - Buddircup on Aug 17, 11:09 AM